Tuesday 29 January 2013

Progress Report (+ Upcoming articles)

Hi all!
The mind-numbing, draining, "I want to stab myself in the temple with a hidden blade" process of university application is finally over. I am to be studying Games Computing at the University of Lincoln starting September. Yay! :D

As for the gaming side of thigs, this month I have mainly been playing inFamous 2 which I downloaded  from the PS store purely because it was free on PS Plus. And what a pleasant surprise it was too. I love the familiar elements from other popular games such as parkour, yet the fact it has a unique comic-book-like spin on it really made this game stand out for me. I know I'm a bit late with this one, but I'm just amazed. I never would've expected the game to be as good as it is.
In the next couple of weeks I will be reviewing Sleeping Dogs, and also more broadly looking at the third-person action-adventure sanboxy type games and how they have evolved to better suit the modern day gamer. I'm really looking forward to writing the piece, as it gives me the perfect excuse to go back and relive some of the games which have been gathering dust on my shelves. I have to say it is probably my favourite - albeit broad - genre of game. Keep your eyes peeled for these ones!

I'm also confessing that I have pre-ordered Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and Tomb Raider even though I have no money xD
I highly recommend you download the demo for Ni no Kuni if you haven't already and you're a fan of RPGs.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment