Tuesday 8 January 2013

Pokémon Generation 6 (Pokémon X and Y)

Well that video was super exciting! It has been announced by Satoru Iwata (The president of Nintendo) that Pokémon Generation 6 is coming to Nintendo 3DS in October 2013. 


The games will be Pokémon X and Pokémon Y (Already decided I'll be getting X first due to being a girl and loving the colour blue). The logo designs are seemingly based on the new legendary pokémon. At the moment they are nameless, but from the presentation you can see that "X" resembles a buck with rainbow-coloured antlers and "Y" is a red and black flying Pokémon.

I highly recommend watching the video here to get a true feel for what it will be like But I can mention a few things which I've picked up from the video.




  1. New Pokémon. Confirmed pokémon include Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie. These will be the starters - Grass, Fire and Water respectively. I have to say Fennekin is cute as anything, but I tend to pick the water starter.
    There are also two pokémon which I assume are legendaries but they remain nameless.
  2. The game will see a worldwide release date of October 2013
  3.  Iwata commented that we will be able to see some of our old favourites on the 3DS. Whether this means they will be available for wild capture or whether it means not all Pokémon will be available in the game I'm not sure. The trailer shows Patrat, Pikachu and Ralts.
4. Despite every other game being mentioned in the presentation, Emerald was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment